need help part 2

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: need help part 2
From: Jonathan Beaudoin <jbdoin@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:52:38 -0400
Hello to all!

    Here where I am with the 6 and what I noticed today... I have
rechecked the valve and rotor relation and to find out that # 1 and 6
cyl valve where closed at the same time.. But, one time at TDC I can
insert a feeler gauge between #1 and 2 valve, this happen when rotor at
#6. when I turn the crank until next TDC, the # 11 and 12 valve are free
and rotor is at #1. That make me think that the 6 is 180 deg away from
timing... What to do? I removed the distributor but it only get fully
inserted on one side. i.e. I can't turn it 180 deg and push it down, it
won't go down.. What to do next??

Jonathan