Re: Slow battery drain

To: jklinn@kw.igs.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slow battery drain
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:52:09 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-21 11:02:37 EDT, jklinn@kw.igs.net writes:

<< I measured a drain of 2ma at the battery.
 Any ideas what to look for, I didn't have this problem before I stored the
 car for the winter. >>

John,

Assuming that you've checked the obvious culprits like courtesy lamps and
trunk lights staying on, try removing the fuses one at a time to isolate
which circuit leg is causing the drain.  I had a similar problem on an old
Chevy Impala - turned out to be a defective cigarette lighter drawing enough
current so as not to heat it up noticeably!

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (ready for another driving season)