Re: Softening old windshield seals

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Softening old windshield seals
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:52:53 -0700
Barry and listers,

When I started my frame off I wanted to "save" and reuse as much of
the original car as I could. Rubber parts were on that list. I found
that if I soaked the old parts in "Mother's Back-to-Black" Exterior
Bumper and Trim Care, it really restored the look and feel to old
dried out rubber parts. Specifically I was able to restore several
grommets and plugs so that they could be reinstalled and they look as
good or better than the brand new replacement parts from Moss and TRF.
The product is in a red plastic bottle and is fairly hard to find, not
all auto parts stores carry it. It's product number 06108, and is
manufactured by Mother's in Huntington Beach, CA. I think it is worth
looking for and I am on my third bottle!

As usual NFI and YMMV!!

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA