RE: Value Cover Gasket?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Value Cover Gasket?
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:28:16 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Bob :

I like to use a strong cement (Gasgacinch or similar) on the cover side,
then a weaker sealer (like Hylomar) on the head side.  That way, when I
adjust the valves, the gasket stays cemented to the cover and I can reuse it
by just replacing the Hylomar.

Of course, next time I am going to switch to Justin Wagner's silicone gasket
and no sealer, but it's not (yet) available for a TR6 ...

Randall
59 TR3A