Re: TR3 stalling

To: Tom Bottman <tombotts@home.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 stalling
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:36:51 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Tom,

I had a real mysterious problem last year when my 3 stalled whenever under a
load, acceleration, etc. It turned out to be a intermittent connection
between the distributor Terminal bush (moss part # 153-600) and the points.
Whenever you engine is under load, your vacuum advance kicks in and the
action plate pulls away from the terminal. The wire was pulling out of its
connector thus no juice to the points etc. I replaced the wire and no more
stalls.
Check it out.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A