More on Cracked Head

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: More on Cracked Head
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:12:03 -0400
Fellow Masochists,
Sadness reigns again in the Jones household.
Finally got the 2nd replacement head back from the machine shop. (1st
replacement head was cracked in same place as original head)
Anyhoos, spent all day yesterday putting the thing back on (new head studs,
washers and nuts) Yes, with much loving care, polishing of brass parts and
words of endearment.
This morning fired 'er up.  Idled lovely.  After she had warmed up a bit,
the smug smile of a job well done was ripped from my greasy and sweaty face
when I noticed steam coming out the exhaust pipe.  Tore out the plugs - all
dripping with water.
With much screaming,cursing and spitting of blood, I yanked the stinking
rocker pedestals off and re-torqed the head to 105 lb/sqin.
Checked compression  - 170  lb/sqin on all cylinders (lukewarm engine)
Fired up - same story, steam from exhaust, water on plugs, however no water
in the oil or vice versa.
What's going on?
Do I see an engine hoist in my tea leaves?

Regards,  Adrian (not feeling the joy of Spring)