Re: Valve Adjustment.. Error in Haynes Manual

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Adjustment.. Error in Haynes Manual
From: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 20:00:30 GMT
  I always just turned the engine over until the opposite valve was open
i.e. on my 6 if the intake is open on #1, then adjust intake on #6.  Of
course, I had #6 piston and #1 mixed up, as well as the intake and exhaust
ports as well (thanks to the list for straighting me out there) but I don't
think it really mattered what number/valve type was which. So take this with
a grain of salt, I'm probally doing it wrong (but it SEEMS to work :).
Graham Spencer