Triumph accidents

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph accidents
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:14:22 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I crashed my 1971 TR 6 in 1979.  It had two new front fenders, front bumper,
lights, and a fresh paint job thanks to a minor accident my then girlfriend
had.  Anyhow, I was traveling route 1 north and as I came to a red light, it
changed to green and I went on through having only begun to slow down.  A
car ahead of me was turning right so I slipped into the left northbound lane
and as I the nose of my beloved '71 got even with the tail of the turning
car, a car pulled out in front of the other car and me and stopped dead,
across both lanes.  I rammed him behind the front wheel and shorted the TR
by about a foot.  I was wearing my belt (lap only in those days) so suffered
a bump on the nose which developed into two black eyes - nothing serious but
good for sympathy from girl friend.  The TR 6 on the other hand was dead,
vital green fluid running into the roadway.  It was towed and I settled for
$2500 from the insurance co.  after I produced receipts for all the work
done on the car.  Then I found the '73 TR 6 I now drive.  It has never seen
winter roads.

Ron