Brake binding problem

To: sassamon@mediaone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake binding problem
From: RTriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:49:19 -0500February 2000) at 06/12/2000 09:48:05 AM
>From: "Roger Colson" <>
>Hello fellow listers,

>I am now able to drive my TR3 under it's own power.  Spent most of the
>morning adjusting the mixture.  Some first timer mistakes slowed me
>down.

>A major problem is that I believe the brakes appear to be locking up
>after a short trip.  After about 200 feet they start to bind and then
>shortly

Roger, there is a valve assembly consisting of a spring and piston on the
front disc brakes.  I think it is designed to hold a little pressure while
stopped, or maybe to equalize the front and rear brakes.  What happens is
the valve doesn't release and the front brakes stick.  Anyway, just remove
the spring and that will fix the sticking problem.  If you follow the front
brake line down to where it splits off, there it is.  Just remove the screw
at the top and pull out the spring, then replace and re-bleed the line.
I'm working here by (faulty) memory, so someone correct me if necessary.
Richard