Re: Yes, officer, I'll go home directly...

Subject: Re: Yes, officer, I'll go home directly...
From: "steven@cravetechnology.com" <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:18:41 -0600
Chip19474@aol.com wrote:

> Now, I do recall back around the fall of 1969 when I did not come to a
> complete stop at a stop sign in my new Jasmine TR6... an officer... did not
> appear to be impressed with the turtle wax shine, my mellow exhaust
> note.....so I grumbled a little and paid my fine....coulda been that "America
> - Love it or Leave it" bumper sticker on his patrol car or the "get our
> troops out of viet nam material on my seat"....hmmmm....

"Out of the car, long hair!"

Um, I have USAA insurance, which is for military personnel -- or in my case,
thanks to my Dad and brother being in the services at some point (I *was* a
long-haired art student 10 or so years ago). Maybe my officer was former
military, and assumed I was too while he was mulling over my license and proof
of insurance? I have USAA because the rates are great, but every little bit
helps.
My brother used to "accidently" hand over his military ID instead of his
driver's

license, never helped much, but then he drove pretty fast. <g>

My '72 BMW 2002 had a NRA sticker from the DPO, I left it on for a long time
hoping it would dissuade thieves -- but took it off, figuring it would make cops
a bit edgy were I pulled over. <g>

Officer, spotting NRA sticker: "Hands where I can see them. Can I look in your
trunk?"
Me: "No, sir, it's a 'boot'."

--
Steven Newell
'62 TR4, '72 BMW 2002 For Sale (great rainy day car, if you live where it rains)