painting

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: painting
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:09:58 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Primer surfacer is a very tuff product, it will go over a lot of
contaminents on surfaces that paint would not (such as bare metal), and when
you are ready to apply paint, it will in some cases soften the primer as it
adheres/etches to the base surface, then you can have a fish eye result, so
for the little time and trouble, wash it, even if it has primer already on
it, then don't tack it off once, tack it off 2, 3, or 4 times, the more you
tack, the cleaner the finished product is, if you try to wash it off after
tacking, the wash cloth will leave a lot of lent/dirt, which will show in
the finish product, this is my final answer = sand, prime, sand, air blow,
wash, tack, paint., Yes that's my.   "FT"