RE: dashpot oil

To: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dashpot oil
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:38:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Sujit,

Its not that scientific.  Triumph said to us the same as engine
oil.  This back when there was a very different oil for winter
and summer.  I use 30W in summer and 20W When it gets colder.

The 20W can be gotten as 3-in-one motor oil in the blue and white
can.  Straight 30W is available at the hardware store for lawn
mowers.

You fill SUs to the line just below the top oil in the bell where
the damper plunger goes.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site