Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts

To: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1/4 x 28 square nuts
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:52:54 -0700
Listers,

Beware, the cage nuts that I bought from TRF and/or Moss were NOT
1/4-28! They seemed to be some bastard size, but were maybe 1/4-20
(but I don't think so). The straight slot screws that came with the
TRF "Fender Mounting Kit" for the inside the trunk edge of the TR3
would not screw into those nuts. I ended up using standard 1/4 -28
nuts on the inside of the fenders where I had to cut the
rusted-in-place cage nuts off with my Dremel and/or Makita grinder. It
worked fine, not original, but it worked.

I just threw away the 10 new cages and the square nuts I bought!

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA