"chicks and cars..."

To: <Thearthurhsmith@cs.com>
Subject: "chicks and cars..."
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:38:39 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
...and now that we have introduced motorcycles to the fray,  how about
Shirley Muldowney?!

Did anyone see the movie special on her life, trying to break into the drag
racing fraternity?  Apparently, when our cars were new,  life was much more
difficult for anyone of the female persuasion to get anywhere NEAR a sports
or racing car...even though she broke speed records from day one !!

...I myself still hope to find a compatible ladyfriend who not only knows
what my Triumph GT6 is, but is also prepared to share "quality garage time"
with me.  (my garage, though small, has carpeting and a stereo...perhaps if
I build an ensuite?  Double bonus points if she likes sports car racing or
can weld :))

Dave Terrick
Winnipeg