Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?

To: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Subject: Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:58:11 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat,

When I did the painting on my recent frame off, I had the inside of the fenders
painted (although they
didn't use enough paint and we had to repaint them at home!). I wanted an "as
new" look to the car if I could get it cheaply, as budget was more than an
issue!

After we had the car back together and the fenders in place and the front inner
fender shields installed, I sprayed the whole inner surface of all the fenders
with SEM "Chip Guard", clear "gravel and corrosion protection". I bought the
aerosol can at an automotive paint distributor. It is probably available at most
large auto parts stores. It went on very easily, has a fairly smooth, shiny
surface and I'm hoping it will reduce gravel dings. I don't have many miles on
the car but it cleans up really easily and it looks good. Ask me again after
i've driven the car to the Portland VTR!

As usual YMMV and NFI.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA