X-rayed main and rod bolts

To: esp@hypermax.net.au
Subject: X-rayed main and rod bolts
From: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:33:55 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
"Caterpillar sells X-rayed main and rod bolts at a fraction of the cost of
TR6 prices"

This is a direct quote from Grassroots Motorsports March / April 1999. The
information was attributed to J. K. Jackson of English Auto Service (phone
850-575-9372). Unfortunately no part numbers were provided.

I should note that the Temple of Triumph attributes J. K. Jackson to using
the rear springs from a 510 station wagon on his TR6. I personally spoke
with him and he confirmed that he was using these parts. After discussing
this with several 510 racers they questioned the information since station
wagons are allegedly equipped with leaf springs.

If anyone has direct knowledge of either of these replacements I'd love to
hear about it.

No disrespect is intended towards any individual either living or dead. Your
milage may vary.
Thanks
Lee Janssen
Denver CO.