Re: TR6 Commission #'s?

To: SpeedSites@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Commission #'s?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 10:22:44 EDT
In a message dated 28-Jul-00 23:29:18 Eastern Daylight Time,
SpeedSites@aol.com writes:

> I have a "1969" TR6, with a commission # of CC27080L (a carb car). The
plate
>  reads "1968", but the number should (I think) indicate a 1969 assembly.
>  Paint=17. trim=11. Car is now dark blue with black interiou.
>
>  Not trying to cheat British Heritage out of any # Sterling, just thought
I'd

>  see if anyone could give me some input. The number history in Piggott's
book

>  is concise, but occasioanny cofusing.

According to both of Piggott's books, your car was built in '68.  Remember he
uses day/month/year (as does most of the world) not Month /day/.year.  Also
be careful to note that he breaks the TR6's down into Petrol Injection (CP
nnnn)and Carburetted (CC nnnn) sections.  He shows the first CARB car in '69
as CC27384L built 2Jan'69.

Paint code 17 is Damson and Trim code 11 is Black.  Cheers.

Art Kelly