TR6 in junkyard

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 in junkyard
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:36:16 -0400
While searching through a local junkyard the other day (local being close
to Raleigh North Carolina), I walked past a partially stripped TR6.
Drivetrain was gone, top was off and interior was gone. The front parts of
the floorboards were rusty, but the remaining body was in REALLY good
shape. The junkyard is "Nine's Auto Parts" on New Light Road,  telephone
number is 919-832-9549 or 800-200-2844 if anyone is interested.

Now a request.What I was searching for in the junkyard was a non-Triumph
item. I'm restoring my 1963 Falcon Sprint and I need to find an original
set of wheels (rims). These are standard Ford steel rims, 13" with 5 lugs
(most 13" only had 4 lugs.) The same wheel was used on the Ford V8
Econoline van and V8 Fairlane. I'd prefer to get a set from an Econoline
since it was slightly wider. Reply off-list of course if you can help.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC

'59 TR3 (2)
'54 MGTF