TR wing piping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR wing piping
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:47:05 +0100
I have just received what was reported to be a length (10yards) of
original wing beading for a TR2 from an e-bay auction. I was quite
surprised at the diameter of the bead (approx. 8mm), which is
basically a rexine or similar material formed around a clump of
individual cords. it is larger than I imagined and wonder if it is
correct, secondly how does one go about fitting, is any adhesive
employed or do you just use the wing bolts through the flange of the
bead to hold it in place.
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)