Re: TR6 - gearbox question and flywheel bolt thanks

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 - gearbox question and flywheel bolt thanks
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 09:31:23 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I guess I wasn't completely clear:  I'm talking about the shaft that goes
across the bellhousing and has the t.o.b. *fork* on it, not the input
shaft. Right now, it looks like the cross-shaft is bearing on the aluminum
bellhousing material directly, without a bushing.  I was wondering if there
should be a bushing pressed into each side of the bellhousing.  Thanks for
the hint on getting the TOB onto its carrier.

At , Brian Sanborn wrote:
>Ted,
[snip]
>The TOB is replaced by "pulling" the TOB off the bushing and pressing a
new TOB on with
>a press or other means.  However... you can put a new TOB on the bush by
chilling the bush
> in the freezer and heating the TOB in the oven to about 200 degrees.  The
TOB will slip
>onto the bushing quite easily if you act quickly
>
>Under no circumstances that I can imagine... would the TOB be in play
without the bushing.

---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD