San Antonio Texas help needed.

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <lotus-cars@lists.best.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: San Antonio Texas help needed.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 01:18:07 -0500
Cc: <pethier@isd.net>, <ethier@tcfreenet.org>
No, I am not the little boy who cried "wolf".  It just seems that way.

I bid at auction on a TR4 in San Antonio.  Lost.

Then I asked for folks to look at a car in North Carolina.

This morning, the Texas folks called me.  The auction winner chickened at
the cost of shipping the car.  I can understand that.  I offered to honor my
original bid, contingent on inspection.  They accepted.

I have every reason to believe this car is as-represented.  But before I fly
down to take delivery and drive it home (if it ain't up to a 1300-mile road
trip, it ain't worth what I am paying), I'd like someone to look it over and
drive it.  If there does happen to be a smoking gun, I can still tap out and
get back the substantial deposit I mailed today.  I really think this is a
done deal, though, and that neither I nor the sellers are trying stiff
anyone.  Those of you on the net who have bought parts from me or sold parts
to me can attest to my honesty in dealings.

My trip plans are not complete.  I expect do this San-Antonio-to-Saint-Paul
run in four days.  Two days would do it in my Saturn, but I'd be out of my
mind to schedule a marathon like that in a car like this.
Besides, I don't get out of town that much, and I'd like to get together
with fellow Britcar and autocrossing netters along the way.  Dinner at some
chatter-friendly location with a bunch of car folks  would be a wonderful
way to wrap up a day on the road.  Also, recommendations of inexpensive
places to sleep with reasonable security for a sharp car like this would be
appreciated.

ADthanksVANCE

Phil "Have cell-phone.  Will travel." Ethier
Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green