RE: Triumphs in Costa Rica

To: <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: Triumphs in Costa Rica
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:15:46 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I spent 4 months working on a scuba diving charter and it was great. A few
years later I went with my girlfriend and started off in Jaco beach for 1
weeks and went to Manuel Antonio park. After that we went back to San Jose
and rented a Jeep and drove up to Poas and then went to Arenal. Next day
drove to Monteverde and spent a couple of days there. You want to talk about
bad roads? Well this would be the place. Average speed to get there was
about 30km/hr. It's less of a distance from Montreal to Toronto(600KM) yet
it took twice the time to get there.

I wouldn't call them potholes. They look more like moon craters. A 4x4 is a
MUST have in that country.

Anyway, after Monteverde we went to the Guanacaste province. Had to take a
ferry from Puntarenas to get there. And stay at a wonderful little place
called Tropico Latino. Beaches are completely deserted which is a great
place to relax. It's not to far from the world famous Montezuma. Montezuma
has water falls that you can swim in and the restaurants are not too bad.
There is also a natural refuge called Cabo Blanco which is along the coast
line. Boats are not permitted to come 1 mile from that coast line.

All in all, I highly recommend Costa Rica as a travel destination. If people
are the Club Med type, there is also a resort called the Barcelo. It's
exactly like Club Med but the Spanish version. Club Med is French.

In conculsion, I hope to be able to get back one day to Costa Rica. From all
the places I have travelled, Costa Rica is by far the best tropical paradise
is have ever seen.

Patrick

Ps. I should work for the Costa Rican travel board :)