Re: Too Much Wheel Play, TR6

To: bob@calc.com.au
Subject: Re: Too Much Wheel Play, TR6
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 21:51:58 -0400
Bob:

No, not at this time. I examined them about 18 months ago and they
seemed fine with no pitting of the ball bearings. I ended up taking
off some of the back side of the nut with emery cloth and was able
to get a good flat back turn that reduced the play almost
totally, but am still getting some rubbing of the brake pads with
the rotation of the wheel. I'll take the 6 out tomorrow night and
see how noticeable the rubbing is and if the pads will self adjust.

I'll probably rebuild the calipers this winter (in addition to my TR3
restoration) and will check the bearings at that time and probably
replace them just for good safety measure.

Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6