Grommets etc.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grommets etc.
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:01:35 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

As I sit here and work (really) I keep coming up with questions...

I am replacing many dry rotted grommets and plugs on the '4A. They're pretty
easy to get out - they crumble!

Who knows an easy way to 'persuade' the new ones to fit their new home?

Sometimes, I'd rather remove a U-Joint than install a plug or grommet! These
things go in about 90% then you chase the wrinkle 'round and 'round. Then it
pops out and rolls underneath the car, or workbench or the pile of trash you
just created with a broom. I'm afraid to empty the shop vac because there's
probably a missing grommet or plug in there.

Mark A. Evans
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
markaevans@mindspring.com