Water on the Knee

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water on the Knee
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:05:39 EDT
Rick
I used to get water dumped on my left leg during rainy seasons (especially at
turns) and 20 odd years later I find out why...during my recent restoration I
found a loose bolt had fallen into the air vent (in front of windsheild) -
rolled to the driver side and dropped nicely into and effectively plugged the
drain hole (along with dirt and leaves). You might be able to check yours
from below with a piece of wire after disconnecting rubber hose connected at
bottom of metal air chamber integrated into car body. The hose diverts
collected vent rain water and routes it to inside of front fender (you can
see hose near where you left knee ends up in LHD driver seat)
good luck
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74

  >> ... of the I still get water leaks every time it rains (I know, don't
drive
     when it rains...)  The visor mounting point on the driver's side
     fills with water and showers down every time I turn.  Also notice
     significant water dripping from the lower vent hoses, and a trickle
     at the bottom outside corners of the wood dash, but haven't found
     the source.