Free help for learners (non LBC)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free help for learners (non LBC)
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:54:03 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Many of us have seen periodic posts from relative newbies (and oldies) to this
list
expressing gratitude for the help they've received.
For your info, there's a bloke in the UK, currently in media focus who
desperately needs a
lot of help with his preferred hobby - but won't take it, even when its offered
free.
Obviously, he doesn't have to much idea about sailing a boat and even less
about the basic
principles of navigation. He's not alone but then I don't own a boat. Looking
after a
Triumph is more than enough in that respect. Anyway, seems the Coastguards and
Lifeboats
have been pulling him in from various predicaments he's got himself into during
the last
year. He clearly enjoys pottering about in the sea between England and Ireland
and makes
extensive use of an old road atlas to show him where he's going! My newspaper
informs me
the only chart he has is for a sea loch in Scotland (which is outside his
'patrol area')
and this was printed in 1939. Perhaps I ought to get a map of the London
Underground train
system to learn more about the intricacies of the Lucas fuel injection system?

Jonmac