Re: Take it; it's free....

To: Triumphs Digest <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Take it; it's free....
From: The Hubbards <the.hubbards@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:15:07 -0700
NO ARCHIVE

...finally, it was gone...the "FREE" sign, that is. The tire is still
there.

Hah!  I have experienced the exact same thing.  Someone nicked my grotty
hand-sprayed-on-a-piece-of-old-wood sign.  I usually put stuff out after
a garage sale just to get rid of it.  I was more than surprised when a
woman an almost new Jeep Grand Cherokee grabbed not only the sign but
also my 10 year old, greasy, doesn't get hot enough to cook, portable
BBQ (CAN$39.95 new but I was asking $5 for it).  I don't get it...I'm
throwing it away, so how useful is this thing going to be?  I hope it
left grease on her carpet.

But my sign disappeared the same day I put it out, on a residential
street.  I think your signwriting abilities must suck even more than
mine, Andrew.

Brian Hubbard
80 TR8 DHC