Re: Non-LBC Help Needed

Subject: Re: Non-LBC Help Needed
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:57:45 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael :

If you can find a camping/motorhome supply store, ask them for a water
tank repair kit.  It will contain a form of epoxy that seems to stick to
most, if not all plastics.  Your son's Mazda panels are most likely PVC,
which it will definitely stick to.  If there's room, go ahead and use
some of the fiberglass mat as well, because the epoxy isn't all that
strong.

I've also had fairly good luck using JB Weld on PVC, if you roughen the
area thoroughly, wash it with acetone, let dry, and then work the epoxy
into the surface thoroughly.  Fiberglass mat also helps provide
strength.

I haven't tried putting self-tapping screws through the epoxy, but I'd
guess you would want to put the screws into place before it hardens
completely (like 2-3 hours after mixing for JB Weld), and then tighten
them after it has fully cured (18-24 hours for JB Weld).

Randall