RE: TR3A signal/horn control head

To: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Subject: RE: TR3A signal/horn control head
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:36:30 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Art,

In order to get mine to work (so that the center stays still while the wheel
turns) I also have to be sure to tighten up the olive nut at the front end
of the steering box. This helps tighten up the stator tube (which the wires
run through)... when it is too loose my center tries to turn with the wheel.
I've heard from other listers that this bottom nut shouldn't matter -- but
in mine it absolutely does. YMMV.

If you do have to re-wire, I have found that baling wire works very well to
pull the wiring through. You'll want to spread the four connectors out so
that the bullets get pulled through sort of single file instead of all in a
bunch.

Let me know if any more questions (I just went through installing mine a
month or so ago, so a few braincells still remember it!)

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA