Spit hard to start

To: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Spit hard to start
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:06:56 -0400
Cc: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <spitfires@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Stephane St-Amant"
>I pull the choke to the max, pump the gas pedal a few times but still
nothing. Sometimes I will get one or two turns on it's own but never enough
to keep running.  I haven't done a rebuilt of the carb yet (although I do
have a rebuilt kit ready to be installed).  The cables, spark plugs and
dist. cap, points and condenser have been in the car for at least ten years
(the number of years it has been sitting in a garage!).
<

Steph,

Check the choke cabel adjustment to be sure you are actually operating the
choke the proper amount.  If that is OK you might have some varnish
blocking the passages inside.  If you have varnish it may clear out after
driving a while.

Good luck

Dave