Bushings for TR3 starter

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bushings for TR3 starter
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:13:48 -0700
Listers :

Thought I would share this tid-bit : The drive end bushing on the TR2/early TR3
starter has been listed as unavailable for many years.  However, I have found
another bushing that will work.  Although I unfortunately haven't found an
exact application, it's listed as GM part number 1839345 with the following
partial applications :
GM Trucks       79-92
Buick           80-81
Cadillac                78-81
Chevrolet       80-81
Oldmobile       78-81
Pontiac         80-81
These are apparently all GM's rather ill-fated 350 diesel engine.  I also found
a listing for :

Buick           49-52   all engines
Buick           34-38   40 (engine code ?)

The local parts house was able to order me some, I paid $10 for a box of 5
bushings, which was Standard Motor Products P/N X-4265.

The bushings are just a tad longer than the original ones, so I left the extra
hanging out into the bellhousing.

Randall
59 TR3A - with an early starter