TR3 Pulley Help

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Pulley Help
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 00:47:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all that responded - (Fred T., Irv, Ken N., Andy D., Jack D.,
Henry F., John C., Walt L., and Jim W.)  I was able to accomplish the task
using a 3-legged puller and working it off in stages.  First with the
extension still on but the center bolt loosened enough that the pulley could
move out enough.  I then moved the pulley halves back so that I could then
grab on to the piece the extension bolts onto.   Stubborn little puppy...

I stopped tonight at the point of taking off the timing gear & chain.   Any
hints there on how to loosen those bolts since when you put CCW pressure on
them, the crankshaft turns.

Tia,
Carl