Re: Pictures (smart-aleck apologizes)

Subject: Re: Pictures (smart-aleck apologizes)
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:30:20 -0600
John Summers wrote:

> Well I haven't felt this stupid since tha last time I talked with my
> wife,,,last night. I now know of two locations of pictures of list members,
> though I have yet to explore.  Thanks guys for the enlightenment.

John, sorry, I didn't mean to come across all smart-alecky. I've learned that
whenever I have a brilliant original idea (like putting list member photos
online) it's already been thought of several times before me -- and someone is
already making or losing a bunch of money doing it. <g> I meant to be tongue in
cheek, hope I didn't sound mean instead. Here are a couple other great ideas I
apparently didn't have first: ;-)

1. http://www.servicemagic.com -- a web site where you can find home
contractors, for remodeling or even to mow the lawn. I was a web developer from
the beginning, and thought of this many years ago while helping a friend restore
a 3-story Victorian, but someone else did it. D'oh!

2. a dog leash with a snap-buckle on the "hold onto it" side, so you can easily
loop the leash around a tree while you go into Starbucks for coffee. Three weeks
after *I* thought of this for the first time ever in the Universe, someone else
had them on the shelves at Petsmart. ;-)

Imagine if I turned my incredible creative powers toward new products for old
british cars! <g>

-- Steven