Re: tr6 Clutch question

Subject: Re: tr6 Clutch question
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:03:58 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mike :

Check to see if the slave piston/push rod is moving during your free
play.  If not, I would suspect that the main spring inside the M/C is
broken.  That spring plays an important role in that it closes the valve
between the cylinder and the reservoir when you start to depress the
pedal.  Without it, the fluid in the cylinder just flows back into the
reservoir when you depress the pedal, and doesn't force the slave to
move.

Randall