Re: VTR SE Rallye

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR SE Rallye
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:28:33 EDT
In a message dated 08/30/2000 12:49:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
spitfire4@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Would it be possible to auto-cross at the SE VTR if I dont have a
>  complete trunk?  I've just started to autoX my Mk1 spit with the
>  SC SCCA and was really hopeing to run at that se vtr...
>  BUT....  I got rear ended... so its not street able right now
>  see:  http://www2.netcom.com/~dagger/deadspit_2.jpg

I think it depends on your definition of "complete trunk"! SOP in an
autocross is to remove any and all loose items from the trunk, so most
anything you'd have in there would come out anyway. Otherwise, so long as the
car is road-legal in the state of registration and passes the pre-autocross
"tech" inspection, a less-than-pristine appearance in itself would not bar
you from competition.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register