Re: HS6 fuel bowl inlets

To: topdown@eudoramail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6 fuel bowl inlets
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:20:27 GMT
>From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
>To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: HS6 fuel bowl inlets
>Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:51:41 -0700
>
>I've just gotten a couple of HS6 carbs to put on my TR6.  The fuel bowl has
>3 pipe inlets. The two opposite each other appear to both be fuel inlet
>pipes and then there appears to be a lower vent pipe.  I assume I can use
>either one of the two upper pipes as a fuel inlet and close off the
>opposite other?  I assume two inlet pipes installed to allow for different
>engine applications?  Can the third lower (vent) pipe be closed off as well
>or does it simply need to remain open to the air(or piped/routed back to
>the air filter)?

  You may have two "front carbs"... The dual inlet float lid allowed
  for a pass-through for the rear carb... I suppose it saved having two
  separate feed lines. The two HS6s I have came with the front carb
  having the "dual feed" lid the rear carb had only the single feed.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois    1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

http://profiles.msn.com.