Re: mobil 1

To: Nickalbion2@aol.com
Subject: Re: mobil 1
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:13:08 -040003:15:20 PM
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Yeah, daily maintenance..........................................

Nickalbion2@aol.com@autox.team.net on 08/31/2000 04:16:20 PM

Please respond to Nickalbion2@aol.com

Sent by:  owner-triumphs@autox.team.net

To:   triumphs@autox.team.net
cc:

Hi all,

My humble thoughts:

if I had a newly rebuilt engine I'd use a fully synthetic oil like Mobil 1.
For an average engine i.e fairly worn and probably some sludge in there
then
a good quality mineral oil is fine. I have always used Castrol GTX 15w/50
in
all my vehicles with oil changes every 3000 miles and a filter change every
6000. I steer clear of really cheap 'supermarket special' oils as I have
seen
some sludgy top ends due to this, though in fairness even these cheapos are
probably better than the oils available when the cars were new.
BTW, I must be unique in the world. I have driven LBC's here in the UK for
26
years, all with Lucas electrics, and I have never had a problem that wasn't
down to poor maintenance! If you want really bad electrics buy a Citroen. I
love CX's but the electrics finally made my hair fall out (well, not
really,
but you know what I mean).

Nick

1977 Triumph 2500S