Shaky Spit

To: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shaky Spit
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:33:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Gang,

Well, the spit is finally safetied, plated, and on the road, but...

I have a nasty shake comming from the back when I reach about 65km/h
(35-40mph) and doesn't stop with speed.
The wheels are balanced and the tires are new.  I've asked my LBC mechanic
to look at the U-joints and he said they looked OK.  Could the diff be
causing the vibration?

The PO told me it needed some repairs but I assumed it was leaking but I
didn't think it would cause vibration.  I'm planning on replacing the
U-joints this weekend (the car was sitting for 10 years), cheap and quick,
to see if it fixes the problem. But if it doesn't, what part of the diff
could be causing the vibration?  Or any other ideas?

Once again TIA
Steph
'69 Spit - Hers and on the road (although shaky!)
'71 TR6 - Mine (In pieces!)