RE: TR4 engine rear main seal

To: <Gpdupey@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 engine rear main seal
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:22:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <ArthurK101@aol.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Greg,

Give me a call if you want,  I made the same conversion and maybe
I can help.  My real seal works fine... no leaks

This is too complicated to type a reply.  Could be just improper
installation or more likely a leak from somewhere else such as a
oil gallery plug or  abnormal internal pressure inside the engine
looking for a way out.  The rings have not seated if you never
started the engine.... do you have a PCV valve or open breather?

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html