News from Europe

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: News from Europe
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:35:02 +0200
Hello all,
Just back from the 2000 Euromeeting held in Spa/Francorshamps
this weekend. A great venue with more than 150 TR's from 8
European countries.Some very special TR's very present like
OVC276  and some former less famous original TR2 rally cars.
A visit was arranged to the ancient IMPERIA factory in Nessonvaux,
partly in ruines now, where the CKD  TR2s and the TR2
Francorchamps were assembled. From a hilltop part of the test
track that was located on the factory roof is still visible. The
highlight of the venue was without doubt the presentation of the
recently restored TR2 Francorchamps of our Honory President.
This car has done only 35000 miles from new and is now in the
same condition as it was when leaving the factory at Nessonvaux.
I would like to mention that the man is an living encyclopaedia
with concern to TRs.
To mention that among our U.K. guests we were pleased to see
Rosy Good, manager of the U.K. TR Register as well as our friend
Bill Piggott well known to all of us.
At the same weekend Classic Car racing took place in Spa and the
Belgian TR Register hosting the venue had arranged  a visit to the
Spa/Francorchamps race circuit with VIP treatment for all.
For a change,something not obvious for the Ardennes forests, just
remember the GP a week earlier, this time the weather was great
and all of us had a fantastic time.
Best regards
Jean