Re: TR3 Fuel Leak

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Fuel Leak
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:55:16 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sumner,

Sounds like your diaphragm is leaking. Easy to replace, just remove all the
phillips screws and carefully twist the old diaphragm and insert the new one.
Carefull not to damage the diaphragm shaft seal. Cant get a new one.

About your oil line,, I had a small hole caused by battery acid one spring day a
few years back. The hole was located in the oil pipe at the firewall at the
grommet. The engine ran for about a minute and I had over 1/2 a quart of oil all
over both sides of the firewall before I noticed the leak. Had to shampoo the
carpets what a mess. I would guess if your line is not tight at the oil pipe to
gauge and the oil pipe to the oil filter pressure fitting and you have normal
engine oil pressure it would leak like crazy.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V