Re: GT6 magnetic-less gas cap (a little long as usual :-})

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 magnetic-less gas cap (a little long as usual :-})
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:37:56 EDT
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/26/2000 8:11:32 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
bschwart@pacbell.net writes:

> Or can one have a magnet made to
>  ones own specifications?

Barry,

Will a large washer fit in the cap?  Wrap some insulated wire in coils around
the washer, and hook it up to a battery with clips...not too long or you will
melt the insulation and kill the battery, but it should be a magnet when you
finish.   We used to magnatize our screw drivers the same way.

RH...take off your watch first too...............