TR7 BFH #2

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH #2
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:41:06 EDT
Ok.  Engine and tranny are out!  It didn't crash until the car, and I think
we got all the wires labeled, and all the nuts and bolts in the right
baggies.  The starter fell off when we separated the engine and transmission,
but I don't think it was damaged.  Biggest challenge so far has been hoping
that my wife doesn't see the bright yellow TR7 hood sitting behind the
downstairs couch....

Of course now I'm wondering how in the heck this thing is going to go back in
the car.  One thing I've learned so far, get the rear end of the car up as
high as possible to ease the removal process, and we have to do a better job
of labeling everything we take off.

I have the engine covered up and resting on the driveway right now because it
looks like I need to take off the clutch before I can mount the engine on the
engine stand -- the stand "fingers" don't look long enough to accomodate the
extra distance otherwise.  Does that sound correct?

Only other thing I noticed so far is that the toothed ring around the
flywheel looks pretty good.

I'll do an assement tomorrow of outside fluid leaks and see if y'all can
pinpoint where they are coming from.  Already I can see that the rear engine
mount is completely soaked in fluid of some sort, and there does seems to be
fluid coming down from the top of the transmission.

Any suggestions of other specific problems areas to look on engine and
transmission much appreciated.

Later!

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC