Re: TR4: Melting steering wheel

Subject: Re: TR4: Melting steering wheel
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:01:09 -0600
Brian Sanborn wrote:

> I have never seen this... as the steering wheel pocket does not
> have a direct contact with the steering wheel... such that it
> would do anything like that.  The pocket is bigger than it needs
> to be... maybe because I have a 15" Motolita.  I have to "set it
> up" to make sure it is straight and will promote water run-off in
> the right directions and not puddle around the pocket.

My cover is quite tight, maybe because I have a shrunken
tonneau cover. Can't quite get the snaps on the driver's side
front, but then I'm usually driving the car anyway. I just pull it over
the steering wheel to hold in in place for some sun protection.
Of course it almost never rains out here in Colorado, so I don't
have any puddling problems. <g>

I'll mention to my wife that I need a new wood steering wheel
so that my tonneau cover will work right. "Really dear, the
wood wheel will protect the car from water damage. I read
it on the list."

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO