Re: Bay area restoration shops

To: "John Heffron" <jheff123@email.msn.com>, "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bay area restoration shops
From: <Rich@Scotti.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:43:04 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm in the North Bay and have been looking for a good shop to complete my 66
4A. After contacting about 20-30 shops I learned that body shops really only
want to do collision work that involves an insurance company. I found a few
guys that would do small jobs but nothing that involves having the car for
more than a week. These were expensive. Example= $1500 to rebuild a rusted
battery box.

I have found three options so far that are not afraid of a restoration:

Pleasant Hill Collision Repair- I saw the job they did on a buddys Mercedes
230SL and it looked shart!
925-939-1160

Gary Crandell Auto Restoration - Concord
925-676-1918

Jim Griffin and Son - South SF, These guys did the paint on Jim Bauders
Concourse winning TR3.
650-589-7619

Good luck
Scotti