Regarding Viruses (was Re: Have you heard...)

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Regarding Viruses (was Re: Have you heard...)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:42:31 EDT
In a message dated 11-Oct-00 17:16:56 Eastern Daylight Time,
OHFASTONE@aol.com writes:

> Wasn't sure if it was a hoax or not, hence my question if anyone heard
about
>  it.  I gotta make a list of where to check this stuff out.  Thanks for
>  filling me in though.
>
>          Michael

Michael, IMHO, the best way to deal with Viruses is to get Norton Anti-virus
(NAV).  Then download the lastest virus antidotes from Symantec (who supports
the NAV) every two weeks.  NAV also runs all the time and alerts you if a
virus comes into your machine.  It then quarantines it and gives you options
of how to deal with it.  Works well, I have had it detect 3 viruses that a
friend sent me by mistake. I did have Mcafee but prefer NAV.

Art Kelly