Easy (Easier) Snaps

To: "'trvenables@hotmail.com'" <trvenables@hotmail.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Easy (Easier) Snaps
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:07:47 -0400charset="windows-1257"
I first ran into this challenge (stuck snaps) on the canvas covers in my
marine applications. I've found that liberal use of silicon spray or WD-40
or liq wrench helps to clean the corrosion or 'dirt' (the black stuff that
covers your fingers) and helps a whole lot in making them go on-come off
easier.

However- the problem I then had for several months was that in periods of
'high  wind', the snaps would pop off easier.  So I recommend just using
enough 'lubricant/cleaner' to 'free up' the snap ring.

Sherman

Sherman D. Taffel
Columbia, MD
TR4 CT40054L