Re: I'm confused

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm confused
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 16:17:27 EDT
Cc: trumpet@bellsouth.net
In a message dated 10/21/2000 8:06:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, John Summers
<trumpet@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Hey world, I'm writing to you today from somewhere far past the little
>  town called "Wits End".
>  When last I wrote, the TR 6 wouldn't start.  I'm sure we all remember I
>  had replaced all ignition parts and ignition relay and had taken my
>  battery back to the folks that sold it to me.  They did replace it for
>  "free".
>  I put the thing in this afternoon and turned the key and the warning
>  lights all came on like they are supposed to do, but that is as far as
>  the current went.
>  Oh yes, I have also replaced the ignition switch.  So, I disconnected
>  the grounding strap from engine to body and cleaned the surfaces &
>  re-attached it.  STILL nothing!  I have also cleaned the attachment on
>  the starter from the battery.
>  I'm stumped.  But what's new, right.
>  I am also getting as tired of asking for help as you are of hearing me
>  ask.
>  (the infameous & humbled)

John,

I guess I missed your previous posts. Does the engine not turn over at all
when you turn the key to the start position?  Turns over, but turns slowly?
Or turns over fine, but just doesn't start?  What year is your TR6?

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
http://members.aol.com/danmas/
MGBV8 Newsletter:
http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm