Re: Italia and Jepordy

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Italia and Jepordy
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:03:45 EST
In a message dated 10/29/00 6:01:20 PM EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net writes:

>  ...Alex then commented that he can appreciate
>  that since he owns a red Italia.  My wife swears that this is
>  what he said.
>
>  Can anyone verify this?  Is Mr. Travek a Triumph enthusiast?
>
>  Please respond in the form of a question!

Hmmm, that would give many of us SOMETHING to like about him. Of course,
there have been other cars that bore in whole or in part the "Italia" name.
Most notably there was a pretty slick-looking Hudson in the mid-1950s, but
most of those (all 26 or so) were -- originally -- white.

I know that Dave Garroway, early host of the "Today" show, had a Herald
convertible (he said, hoping against hope this wouldn't start ANOTHER silly
thread :-) ).

--Andy "I'll take 'Exotic Hybrids' for $600, Alex" Mace