LLBC's - TR2 model

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LLBC's - TR2 model
From: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:50:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

Someone noted that this plastic model was a Gyuze Sanyo (I know that
spelling is close, but wrong, but I don't have the name handy) product and
they are right, and yes it is a 1:24 scale.

The company built several versions of the model, a consumer model and racing
version.  Either are the same except that the box art is different and the
racing version has a few more parts.  However, the racing version has both
the parts for the racer and the consumer configurations.  The model was also
built in moth a low and high tech version.  The low tech is all plastic.
The high tech has a metal frame and a few other metal parts but the body is
plastic.  The lo tech should be in the $20 range, and the Hi tech in the
$40.  The hi tech makes up to be a beautiful model, but the bending of the
metal frame is very tricky.

The company also built a TR3, TR3A, and a TR3A racing edition.  The in the
TR3 packaging you will often find both parts to build either a TR2 or TR3.

The company (the one that I can't spell) also made models of several other
LBC's including a bug-eyed sprite.

Some hobby shops still have all of these models on the shelf.  You may want
to try http://ewacars.com/ , Triple-C, or Phoenix Models.  I have lost the
websites for the last two, but try a search engine.  Often Phoenix Models
will have older kits that are no longer produced.

Paul g. Wiegman
Glenshaw, PA
1957 TR3  TS14551L  (This one is 1:1 Scale)